New Sponsor Workshops – Summer 2015
The USDA provides reimbursements for snacks and meals served in eligible low-income after-school programs through the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) At-Risk After-School Meals Program.
In collaboration with the Illinois State Board of Education, No Kid Hungry Illinois will be hosting a series of information sessions for interested new CACFP At-Risk After-School Meals sponsors and sites.
All schools, churches, community organizations, rec centers, libraries, park districts, health centers, and other non-profit or for-profit entities welcome! Topics to be covered:
- The need: learn the scope of after-school meals in Illinois, identify meal gaps and target areas
- The solution: general CACFP At-Risk program information – assessment tools, financial calculators
- How to: become a sponsor or site!
- Illinois specific eligibility, application instructions, administration, reimbursements
- Transitioning from Summer Meals Program and NSLP after-school snacks to offering meals year-round through CACFP
- Best practices: strategies for successful implementation, outreach and partnerships
- Grant Opportunities: No Kid Hungry after-school meals expansion and pilot grants
- Tuesday, July 21; 1pm – 3pm – Four Points Sheraton Hotel, 319 Fountains Parkway, Fairview Heights, IL 62208
- Thursday, August 6; 1pm – 3pm – Peoria Public Library, 107 NE Monroe St, Peoria, IL 61602
- Wednesday, August 19; 1pm – 3pm – Hilton Hotel, 3003 Corporate West Drive, Lisle, IL 60532
Contact Malaney Varaljay at email@example.com or 773.843.6706 to RSVP.