During the summer, kids cannot access the free and reduced-price meals they normally get from school, but many sites across the state and country offer free meals over the summer to replace these meals. To find the nearest free food distribution site, text “FOOD” or “COMIDA” to 877-877, call (800) 359-2163, or visit SummerMealsIllinois.org.
For promotional assets to share this information on social media, visit the No Kid Hungry Resources Page.
- Find the latest resources from No Kid Hungry’s Center for Best Practices including FAQs, strategies, tactics, and more.
- This guide includes information on emergency planning, communications, safety, and logistics for locations currently providing meals to kids.
- Use this guide from LunchAssist to develop your own protocols for sites providing meals.
- Worried about your staff during this trying time? Use this LunchAssist resource to guide conversations to check on the well-being of your staff.
- The table conveniently details all of the nationwide waivers and guidance issued to date by the USDA in response to the coronavirus. As always, check with ISBE on questions on waiver implementation at the state level
- USDA developed a map to help families find available meals for kids.