In partnership with Rise & Shine Illinois, the Illinois No Kid Hungry campaign awarded its first round of expansion grants for the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) At-Risk After-school Meals Program. The purpose of the grants is to help sponsors maximize their ability to serve full supper meals and expand participation in the program. $10,000 was awarded to six different sponsoring organizations throughout the state:
- Northern Illinois Food Bank, Geneva
- Catholic Charities of Chicago, Chicago
- City of Evanston, Evanston
- Casa Central, Chicago
- Church of Peace, Rock Island
- Urbana Neighborhood Connections Center, Urbana
Grants are still available! Applications are accepted on a rolling basis with two remaining deadlines. The next application deadline is August 15. For full grant details and to apply, click here.