CACFP At-Risk After-School Meals Information Sessions – Fall 2015
No Kid Hungry Illinois and the Illinois State Board of Education hosted a series of regional information sessions on the Child and Adult Care Food Program’s At-Risk After-School Meals Program this past summer. Due to high demand, four additional sessions have been added for the fall. The sessions are geared toward potential new sponsors and sites of the After-School Meals Program.
If your after-school program . . .
- Is located in the attendance area of a school with 50% or more free and reduced price eligible children
- Serves snacks or meals out of your own pocket
- Participates in the National School Lunch Program After-School Snacks Program
- Does not serve food at all
. . . Then you should come learn how you can serve nutritious meals for FREE to all children through the USDA’s Child and Adult Care Food Program At-Risk After-School Meals Program, which provides reimbursements for snacks and meals served in eligible low income after-school programs.
Topics to be covered include eligibility, application and administration requirements, partnership resources, best practices and grant opportunities.
Session Dates and Locations
- October 13: Greater Chicago Food Depository, Chicago
- October 21: Illinois Central College, Peoria
- October 29: The Pavilion of the City of Marion, Marion
- November 5: Champaign Public Library, Champaign
*Please note that this information session will be part of an all-day Summer and After-School Meals summit. All sessions are free to attend and lunch and refreshments will be provided. Attendees may register for any or all sessions.
Full Day Agenda
- 9:30am – 1:00pm: Summer Meals Program Topics – for Summer Food Service Program sponsors only
- 1:00pm – 2:15pm: Lunch and Partner Resources Presentations – for both Summer and After-School
- 2:15pm – 3:00pm: Grant Writing Workshop – All the tips and tricks we know!
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm: After-School Meals Info Session for potential new sponsors and sites
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
All public and charter schools, non-profit community or faith based organizations, recreational or health centers, units of state, local or municipal government, libraries, non-residential child care centers and other eligible institutions are welcome.
If you have any questions, please contact Malaney Varaljay at email@example.com or 773.843.6706.