CACFP At-Risk After-School Meals Information Sessions – Fall 2015
No Kid Hungry Illinois and the Illinois State Board of Education hosted a series of regional information sessions on the Child and Adult Care Food Program’s At-Risk After-School Meals Program this past summer. Due to high demand, four additional sessions have been added for the fall. The sessions are geared toward potential new sponsors and sites of the After-School Meals Program.
If your after-school program . . .
- Is located in the attendance area of a school with 50% or more free and reduced price eligible children
- Serves snacks or meals out of your own pocket
- Participates in the National School Lunch Program After-School Snacks Program
- Does not serve food at all
. . . Then you should come learn how you can serve nutritious meals for FREE to all children through the USDA’s Child and Adult Care Food Program At-Risk After-School Meals Program, which provides reimbursements for snacks and meals served in eligible low income after-school programs.
Topics to be covered include eligibility, application and administration requirements, partnership resources, best practices and grant opportunities.
Session Dates and Locations
- October 13: Greater Chicago Food Depository, Chicago
- October 21: Illinois Central College, Peoria
- October 29: The Pavilion of the City of Marion, Marion
- November 5: Champaign Public Library, Champaign
*Please note that this information session will be part of an all-day Summer and After-School Meals summit. All sessions are free to attend and lunch and refreshments will be provided. Attendees may register for any or all sessions.
Full Day Agenda
- 9:30am – 1:00pm: Summer Meals Program Topics – for Summer Food Service Program sponsors only
- 1:00pm – 2:15pm: Lunch and Partner Resources Presentations – for both Summer and After-School
- 2:15pm – 3:00pm: Grant Writing Workshop – All the tips and tricks we know!
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm: After-School Meals Info Session for potential new sponsors and sites
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
All public and charter schools, non-profit community or faith based organizations, recreational or health centers, units of state, local or municipal government, libraries, non-residential child care centers and other eligible institutions are welcome.
If you have any questions, please contact Malaney Varaljay at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773.843.6706.
New Sponsor Workshops – Summer 2015
- In collaboration with the Illinois State Board of Education, No Kid Hungry Illinois will be hosting a series of information sessions for interested new CACFP At-Risk After-School Meals sponsors and sites.All schools, churches, community organizations, rec centers, libraries, park districts, health centers, and other non-profit or for-profit entities welcome! Topics to be covered:
- The need: learn the scope of after-school meals in Illinois, identify meal gaps and target areas
- The solution: general CACFP At-Risk program information – assessment tools, financial calculators
- How to: become a sponsor or site!
- Illinois specific eligibility, application instructions, administration, reimbursements
- Transitioning from Summer Meals Program and NSLP after-school snacks to offering meals year-round through CACFP
- Best practices: strategies for successful implementation, outreach and partnerships
- Grant Opportunities: No Kid Hungry after-school meals expansion and pilot grants
- Register today!
- Tuesday, July 21; 1pm – 3pm – Four Points Sheraton Hotel, 319 Fountains Parkway, Fairview Heights, IL 62208
- Thursday, August 6; 1pm – 3pm – Peoria Public Library, 107 NE Monroe St, Peoria, IL 61602
- Wednesday, August 19; 1pm – 3pm – Hilton Hotel, 3003 Corporate West Drive, Lisle, IL 60532
Contact Malaney Varaljay at email@example.com or 773.843.6706 to RSVP.
Illinois After-School Meals 101 Webinar
- Rise & Shine Illinois and No Kid Hungry Illinois hosted an informational CACFP At-Risk webinar for interested new sponsors on April 16, 2015.
Chicago 2014 Summit
- No Kid Hungy Illinois, in partnership with the Illinois State Board of Education and USDA, hosted the first Illinois CACFP At-Risk After-School Meals Program Summit at the Greater Chicago Food Depository on December 9, 2014.
- Over 60 guests from 30 organizations and schools statewide attended. Attendees were composed primarily of Summer Food Service Program sponsors seeking to offer year-round meals through CACFP as well as a number of sponsoring organizations that offer both programs.
- View a compilation of the day’s PowerPoint presentations and additional resouces below: